REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR
DIRECT SHIPPER LICENSE
PERMIT FEES: See fees
License effective one year from date of issue, annual renewal required.
1. Non-refundable $300 one-time Application Fee and yearly $150 License Fee. Please make checks payable to the Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission.
2. Application Form filled out completely, notarized and mailed with payment to TABC, Nashville office. Downloadable Form AB-0098.
3. A copy of Applicant’s Certificate of Registration for Sales & Use Tax and a copy of the Wholesale Gallonage Tax Letter, issued by the Tennessee Department of Revenue. Both may be applied for at the same time by filling out the Application For Registration form and mailing to.
Tennessee Department of Revenue,
Andrew Jackson Building,
500 Deaderick St.,
Nashville, TN 37242-0001.
For help on the form please contact Kathy M Smith (615)741-7384) or email any questions at Kathy.M.Smith@tn.gov.
You may also call the TDOR at (615) 253-0600. Please allow 2 – 3 weeks for processing. NOTE: No bond is required.
4. Copies of all contracts with common carriers, such as Fed Ex/UPS, that will ship wine from Applicant to Tennessee residents. If a shipping service is used, include the contract between Applicant and the shipping service and a copy of the contract between the shipping service and Fed Ex/UPS.
5. A copy of the Applicant’s organizational document, e.g. corporate charter or articles of organization.
6. A copy of Applicant’s federal basic permit issued pursuant to the Federal Alcohol Administration Act.
7. List of Applicant’s authorized trade names (these are not required if you have a current Non-Resident Seller’s permit issued by the TABC).
8. A copy of Applicant’s Non-Resident Seller’s permit, if one has been issued by the TABC.
Checks should be made payable to the Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission.
Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission
226 Capitol Blvd, Ste 300
Nashville, TN 37243-0755
Tennessee thanks you for your business!