REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR
NON-RESIDENT SELLER’S PERMIT
$150.00 (IMPORTING LESS THAN 100 CASES)
$250.00 (IMPORTING 100 CASES OR MORE)
(PERMIT EFFECTIVE FOR ONE (1) CALENDAR YEAR,
JANUARY 1ST THRU DECEMBER 31ST; regardless of issue date)
1. APPLICATION FORM: This application should be filled out completely and notarized. Form AB-0018
2. DISTILLER’S REPRESENTATIVE FORM: This application must be filled out completely by the representative and notarized. This applies only to representatives who will be visiting the State of Tennessee to represent the company with the Wholesaler(s), Retailer(s) or participating in a Consumer Education Seminar. Form AB-0030
3. AFFIDAVIT TO ACCOMPANY APPLICATION FOR DISTILLER’S REPRESENTATIVE PERMIT: This affidavit must be completed by a Company Official and notarized. The signature of the Distiller’s Representative is also required on the Affidavit. Form AB-0030
4. FEDERAL BASIC PERMIT: A copy of the Federal Basic Permit (www.ttb.gov) should be submitted with the Non-Resident Seller’s application. (Only required if applying for a NEW Non-Resident Liquor Sellers permit)
5. DECLARATION OF CITIZENSHIP: This form MUST be completed by each person holding 5% or more stock/interest in the company when applying for a Non-Resident Liquor Sellers Permit. This form MUST also be completed for any individual applying for a Distiller’s Rep Permit. Form AB-0116
6. REGISTRATION OF BRANDS: All brands and labels must be registered and approved by the Tennessee Department of Revenue prior to any shipments into the state. To obtain brand and label registration applications, contact Kelly Emerson at 615.532.5692 or email at Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
7. THINGS OF VALUE: A list of any trips, prizes, and/or things of value given to a Tennessee licensee must be submitted. This list should include the name/address of the licensee, the item)s) provided and the value of item(s) provided.
8. TENNESSEE WHOLESALERS: A list of all Tennessee wholesalers where all alcoholic beverages are to be shipped. (Only required if applying for a new Non-Resident permit).
Provide TABC Form AB-0018 along with a check for the appropriate amount ($150.00
or $250.00). If applying for a Distiller’s Representative Permit please provide Forms
AB-0029 & AB-0030, along with a check for $50.00. You should receive a renewal
notice in the mail, see example renewal notice. However, if you do not receive the
reminder, you are still responsible to request renewal.
IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO RENEW
The TABC must be notified when a Non-Resident license is not going to be renewed, by responding to the renewal notice.