REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR RETAIL (OFF-PREMISE)
LICENSE FEE - $850 (ANNUAL FEE) See fees
$300 APPLICATION FEE – NON REFUNDABLE
All documentation must first be submitted to and reviewed by the local TABC Office. Then, the completed application and related documentation will be forwarded to the Nashville TABC office for final review.
To be placed on the agenda for the next Commission meeting, all documentation must have been reviewed by the local TABC Office and submitted to the Nashville TABC Office two weeks prior to the date of the Commission Meeting.
The following documentation is required to be submitted in conjunction with a retail store application:
1. APPLICATION FORM. Form #AB-0015. This application should be notarized and filled out completely. See Commission Meeting Schedule.
2. QUESTIONNAIRES. Form #AB-0009. Owners, partners, officers, managers and/or any person who owns five percent (5%) or more in the corporation or the business, should complete these forms. All questionnaires should be filled out completely.
3. CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE. The Certificate of Compliance may be obtained from the local municipality Mayor’s office. Please contact the local Mayor’s office in the jurisdiction in which the store will be located for additional information.
4. CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY. The Certificate of Occupancy is issued by the local municipality’s Codes Department. Please contact the local Codes Department in the jurisdiction in which the store will be located for additional information.
5. PROOF OF POSSESSION. A copy of the lease must be furnished to this office. Along with the lease, a copy of the Deed (registered with the Registrar of Deed’s Office) must be furnished also. If the application is for a change of ownership, a copy of the Bill of Sale or Purchase Agreement must be provided.
6. CHARTER FROM THE STATE OF TENNESSEE. (This document is required only if the applicant is a corporation, a limited liability company (LLC) or a formal partnership). A copy of the Tennessee charter must be furnished to this office and it may be obtained from the Tennessee Secretary of State’s Office, 6th Floor, William Snodgrass Building, 7th Avenue North between Charlotte Avenue and Union Avenue, Nashville, Tennessee, telephone (615) 741-2286.
7. LIST OF OFFICERS AND/OR OWNERS OF CORPORATION. A separate list of officers (with their titles) and owners with five percent (5%) or more of ownership, indicating amount of percentage of ownership, must be furnished with the application. Please use form AB-0099.
8. COPY OF NEWSPAPER NOTICE and SWORN STATEMENT REGARDING THE PUBLICATION. Prior to the Certificate of Compliance hearing date, a newspaper notice must be published in the local newspaper for three (3) consecutive issues. Further, an affidavit from the local newspaper should be provided verifying publication.
9. WAIVER OF ANY RIGHT TO AN ADMINISTRATIVE HEARING BY APPLICANT. See ABC Rule #0100-3-.09(10).
10. Tax Numbers: A Tennessee sales tax number can be obtained from the Tennessee Department of Revenue, 3rd Floor, Andrew Jackson Building, 500 Deaderick Street, Nashville, Tennessee 37242.
i. SALES TAX: telephone (615) 253-0600
ii. LIQUOR–BY–THE-DRINK TAX: telephone (615) 532-4552
iii. FRANCHISE AND EXCISE: telephone (615) 253-0700.
11. ABC INSPECTION. An inspection will be conducted by a TABC agent after the application has been reviewed by the local TABC office.
12. COPY OF ALL LOAN CONTRACTS.
13. FINANCIAL BACKGROUND CHECK OF APPLICANT.
14. CREDIT CHECK FROM BANKING/LENDING INSTITUTION.
15. EMPLOYEE PERMITS. Form AB-0014. All employees must obtain an employee permit card. See Retail Employee permit (blue card) information.