For the purposes of TAEP, an eligible Agritourism working farm/existing operation that currently offers on-the-farm experiences incorporating or relating to production agriculture for a fee or for purchase and is aimed at increasing profitability of the operation.
• Farm education (tours of production agriculture)
• Farm activities (pick your own, fee-fishing)
• Farm fun (corn maze, hayrides)
• Farm purchases (retail sales of farm’s agricultural products)
• Applicants may only submit one Application B per Federal IRS Schedule F, per person, per application period.
• Applicants must meet all state and local regulations to be eligible for reimbursement.
|Standard Producer – 35% Cost Share - $10,000 Maximum|
|All approved applicants with Agritourism projects are eligible for 35% cost share.
There are no special requirements for 35% cost share.
|Master Producer – 50% Cost Share - $15,000 Maximum|
|To be eligible for 50% cost share, all approved applicants with Agritourism projects must complete all special
requirements prior to the program reimbursement deadline of May 1, 2016.
|Special Requirements for 50% Cost Share|
|1. Tennessee Agritourism Conference – must attend
2. Sector eligible educational course – must attend (1)
|Additional Special Requirement Information|
The proposed activity/project must encompass quality expansion or improvement of the applicant’s farm and business. The eligible categories are:
Farm Infrastructure, Specialty Equipment and Marketing. Examples of eligible and ineligible items are provided on page 7.
• Emphasis is given to projects that focus on long term public use considerations that increase opportunities for profitability.
• Marketing projects that are long term in nature are also encouraged to enhance outreach of the farm to the public.
• Preference will be given to projects that focus on agricultural education and production over agricultural entertainment.
(examples of agricultural entertainment: weddings, concerts, bed and breakfasts, trail rides, playgrounds, etc.)
|Examples of Eligible Items:|
DVD – educational, not for resale
* Include dimensions and designs
|Examples of Ineligible Items – Most Commonly Requested|
|For additional information call 1-800-342-8206 or email producer.diversification@TN.gov|
|Click here for more references|
|Eligibility Requirements||Application Rules||Application B Materials||W9 Form||Application B Instructions|