The Department of Correction offers a 24 hour/7 days a week toll free hotline for victims/victim family members in need of offender information. The Victim Offender Information Caller Emissary (VOICE) hotline provides access to a computerized system that allows victims/victim family members to receive the latest information from the Tennessee Offender Management Information System (TOMIS) about the offender who committed a crime against them. Information is available through a local or 800 number. Extended family members and other registered members of the public will receive written information.
The Tennessee Offender Management Information System (TOMIS) provides written information to all registered persons with the following:
- Offender's current location within the system
- Notice of prison location when an offender is transferred to a facility with a lower security designation regardless of whether the offender's personal custody level changes
- Date the offender's sentence went into effect
- Sentence expiration date
- 90-day advance notice of a release via expiration of sentence
- Date of parole eligibility
- Notice of parole hearing date, location, decision and release dates (if applicable)
- Escape alert
- Safety valve: earliest date that an offender can be released under executive order for overcrowding (most violent offenders are excluded from this provision)
- Contact information for parole officers inside the offenders' current location
Registration with TDOC does not provide registered persons with the following:
- Exact release dates from county facilities (available by registering with VINE.)
- Automated calls. Notifications are by mail.
VINE is separate notification system available for registration if the offender is incarcerated in the county jail. Click here for more information.
In accordance with Tennessee law, the Department of Correction will not release any identifying information on registered victims of crime, their family members and interested members of the public.
In order to register for the VOICE service, simply complete a Victim/Member Party form. The form can be faxed to (615) 741-1055, emailed to Victim.Notification@tn.gov or mailed to the following address:
Victim Services Division
Tennessee Department of Correction
5th Floor, Rachel Jackson Building
320 6th Avenue North
Nashville, Tennessee 37243-0465
Victim/Member of the Party Request for Notification Form
Once registered, the victims and their family members will be given a toll free number and their own Victim Personal Identification Number (VPIN) to receive updated information about the offender.
For questions about registering for VOICE or about your rights as a victim, feel free to send an email or call our Victim Services Division at (615) 741-1000, ext. 8145 .
VINE registration provides for release, transfer, or escape notification for victims of an offender incarcerated in a county jail only. Information through VINE is available 24/7. Notifications are through an automated telephone calling system.
NOTE: This system is not affiliated with the Department of Correction and the Tennessee Offender Management Information System (TOMIS). Click here to register with VINE.
Separate registration for VINE and TDOC's VOICE/TOMIS systems are required in order to receive all available offender information.
VINE registration will not provide:
- Dates and location of parole hearings, nor their decisions
- Advance notice of a release, whether by parole or expiration of sentence
- In case of transfer, it will not give the location of where the offender has been transferred