High School End of Course Exams
High School End of Course examinations are given in English I, English II, English III, Algebra I, Algebra II, U.S. History, Biology I and Chemistry. The results of these examinations will be factored into the student’s grade at a percentage determined by the State Board of Education in accordance with T.C.A. §49-1-302 (2).
- The End of Course exam grade will count 20 percent of the second semester grade for the 2009-10 and the 2010-11 school years and 25 percent of the second semester grade in subsequent school years.
- Students will not be required to pass any one examination, but instead students must achieve a passing score for the course in accordance with the State Board of Education’s uniform grading policy.
For more information concerning the High School Transition Policy, read the High School Transition Policy.
Any unapproved departure from standardized test administration procedures can potentially invalidate test results. There are three types of testing accommodations available for student use. TCAP Allowable Accommodations may be used by all students as needed. Special Conditions Accommodations may be used only by students receiving special education services who have the need documented by their Individual Education Program Team (IEP Team) or 504 Service Plan. English Language Learner (ELL) accommodations and may be used only by students who meet specified criterion for ELL services. Any other Accommodations not previously addressed must have a Unique Adaptive Accommodation Request Form completed and approved prior to test administration by the Special Education Department. All Allowable Accommodations may be found here.
Tennessee is an English only state, which means all assessments are provided in English only. We do not offer any of our assessments in a native language format.
2014-15 US History Assessments
The State Board of Education approved an assessment transition plan for social studies for the 2014-15 school year. There will be a field test in 2014-15, and operational social studies testing will resume in the 2015-16 school year. More information about the field and operational test can be found here. Read the entire plan for more information.
2014-15 Test Design
End of Course Frameworks
End of Course Standards Tables
Performance Level Score Ranges by Content Area for Below Basic, Basic, Proficient, & Advanced
Cut Score Ranges
By Reporting Category
- 2014 Fall Pre-Equated EOC Cut Scores
- 2014 Fall Pre-Equated EOC Braille Cut Scores
- 2014 Summer Pre-Equated EOC Cut Scores
- 2014 Summer Pre-Equated EOC Braille Cut Scores
- 2014 Spring Pre-Equated EOC Cut Scores
- 2014 Spring Pre-Equated EOC Braille Cut Scores
- 2013 Fall Pre-Equated EOC Cut Scores
- 2013 Fall Pre-Equated EOC Braille Cut Scores
- Allowable Square Root Chart (For use on Algebra I End of Course or Gateway only)
- EOC Algebra I
- EOC Algebra II
- EOC Chemistry
- Gateway Mathematics
Resources for Educators
- 2014 Fall EOC Test Administration Manual
- 2014 Summer EOC Test Administration Manual
- 2014 Spring EOC Test Administration Manual
- 2014 Spring Gateway Test Administration Manual
- 2013 Chemistry Field Test Administration Manual
- 2014 Guide to Test Report Interpretation
- Secondary Diagnostic Assessments