2014 TCAP State Results
- While it was a year of transition for Tennessee teachers and students as they fully implemented the state’s new standards in math and English, scores increased on the majority of assessments.
- Nearly 50 percent of Algebra II students are on grade level, up from 31 percent in 2011. More than 13,000 additional Tennessee students are on grade level in Algebra II than when we first administered the test in 2011.
- High school English scores grew considerably over last year’s results in English I and English II.
- Achievement gaps for minority students narrowed in math and reading at both the 3-8 and high school levels.
- Approximately 100,000 additional Tennessee students are on grade level in math compared to 2010.
- More than 57,000 additional Tennessee students are on grade level in science compared to 2010.
High School End of Course (EOC) Exams
- High school students made gains on five of seven End of Course tests.
- Proficiency in Algebra II grew nearly 6 percentage points over last year, and more than 17 percentage points since we began testing students three years ago.
- Students in English II gained 4 percentage points this year.
- The number of students on grade level in English I grew by 3 percentage points this year.
3-8 Achievement Test
- In all 3-8 subjects, scores were within 1 percent of last year’s results. Scores showed increases in math, science and social studies, and a slight decrease in reading.
- More than half of 3-8 students are on grade level in math compared to 34 percent in 2010. More than 75,000 additional students are on grade level than were in 2010.
- An additional 53,000 students are at or above grade level in 3-8 science since 2010.
- Students made gains at every grade level in 3-8 science in 2014.
Click graphs to enlarge.
- 2013-14 subject-by-subject results for TCAP 3-8 Achievement Tests & High School End of Course Exams: Excel PDF
- 2013-14 results compared to previous years: Excel PDF
- 2013-14 achievement gaps for student subgroups compared to 2012-13: Excel PDF
- 2013-14 subgroup results
Last Update: July 30, 2014