LEA Planning & Monitoring
The goal of the Office of Consolidated Planning & Monitoring is to support LEAs by aligning funding sources through consolidated planning and monitoring processes, incorporating a focus on outcomes for students.
The office's scope of work includes supporting LEAs in planning and applying for grant funding through ePlan and coordinating results-based monitoring, including IDEA and ESEA programs.
The Tennessee Department of Education is required to monitor districts for compliance with Education Department General Administrative Regulations (EDGAR) 80.40. It also allows the opportunity to evaluate program implementation and effectiveness and to provide technical assistance to districts. The Performance Evaluation and Fiscal Monitoring process is a joint effort between districts and the Tennessee Department of Education to improve program services to students.
Beginning in 2013-14, monitoring documents can be viewed from the ePlan Document Library under the heading “Monitoring - ESEA / IDEA / Fiscal.”
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA)
- Title I
- Part A, Basic
- Family and Community Engagement
- Part C, Migrant Education
- Part D, Neglected and Delinquent
- Blue Ribbon Schools Award
- Distinguished Schools Recognition Program
- Title II-A: Teacher Quality
- Title III: English as a Second Language
- Title IV-B: 21st Century Community Learning Centers
- Title VI-B: Rural Education Initiative
- Title X: Part C Homeless Education
- Title I
- Guidance & Reference Materials