The staff of the Southwest Center of Regional Excellence are dedicated to providing support to districts that improve outcomes for students. This office is staffed with dedicated and highly qualified team members eager to deploy across the region.
Marlon King serves as the executive director. King has nearly 14 years of teaching and administrative experience in Tennessee schools. Prior to this role, he served as the Superintendent of Schools in Haywood County.
King holds a bachelors of science degree in education from LeMoyne-Owen College. He earned a master’s of administration in educational leadership from Trevecca Nazarene University and doctor of education degree from the University of Mississippi.
The regional office staff also includes the following support staff:
- Math Coordinator
- Data Analyst
- Academic Consultant(s) focused on reading
- Academic Consultant focused on intervention
- Consolidated Monitoring Consultant
- Consolidated Fiscal Consultant
- School Nutrition Consultant
- Career and Technical Education Consultant
- Administrative Secretary
- Achievement School District