Download the 2014 LEAD Conference Program here. Breakout sessions and general sessions will be lead by Tennessee teachers and school and district leaders. We are also pleased to be hosting general sessions with U. S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan, Commissioner Huffman, Assistant Commissioner Emily Barton and Nate Schwartz, Director of the Office of Research and Policy, and Mike Kraus, Director of Tennessee Promise and Drive 55. The Conference will be held Oct. 27-29, 2014 at the Music City Center in downtown Nashville.
- Early Registration (until Sept. 2): $165.00
- Standard Registration (Sept. 2-Oct. 1): $180.00
- Late Registration (after Oct. 1) $205.00
- Early Registration (until Sept. 2): $130.00
- Standard Registration (Sept. 2-Oct.1): $150.00
- Late Registration (after Oct. 1): $175.00
One Day Exhibit Hall Pass: $50
The LEAD Conference accepts the following forms of payment. All registration amounts and corresponding payments must be in USD.
- Credit Card
- Money Orders
Check or Money Order
State of Tennessee
c/o TN Department of Education
Andrew Johnson Tower, 11th Floor
710 James Robertson Parkway
Nashville, TN 37243-0376
Each individual must register online before the P.O. is submitted. A single P.O. may be used by multiple registrants, but each registrant must enter the P.O. number on their individual online registration form. The printed P.O. must contain the names of each registrant.
- Participants must be registered before a P.O. is submitted.
- Make your P.O. to the attention of “LEAD Conference c/o TN Department of Education.”
- Be sure to list each registrant on the P.O. by name and include a copy of their registration confirmation page.
- Either email to LEAD.Conference@tn.gov, fax to (615) 532-9412, or mail to the address above.
We accept all major credit cards. Payment information will be accepted via the online registration form. If additional information is needed in order to process payment, please contact us at LEAD.Conference@tn.gov.
Registration fees are non-refundable. Substitution of personnel is recommended in lieu of cancellation.
Participants requiring special accommodations or assistance (e.g. sign language interpretation, etc.) during the conference should email LEAD.Conference@tn.gov after registering.
Discounted guest room rates are available at the following hotels. You may make a reservation either online or by calling the hotel. If you are calling the hotel, please mention that you are attending the Tennessee Department of Education’s LEAD Conference to ensure that you receive the conference rate. The cutoff date for making a reservation at the discounted rate is Oct. 3.
Hyatt Place Nashville Downtown
Reservations: Call 1-615-324-2446
Reservations: Call 1-800-228-9290
Participants may receive up to 11 hours of TASL credit for their attendance at LEAD 2014. Below are the three options available for TASL credit at this year’s conference:
- Option A: Attend October 27-28. (a) 2 general keynote sessions and keywords from 3 breakout sessions/day, or (b) keywords from 4 breakout sessions/day. (8 TASL credit hours)
- Option B: Attend October 27, 28, and 29. (a) 2 general keynote sessions + keywords from 3 breakout sessions/day, or (b) keywords from 4 breakout sessions/day plus keyword from one 3-hour session on Wednesday. (11 TASL credit hours)
- Option C: Attend October 29, one 3-hour session. (3 TASL credit hours)
Each year, the LEAD Conference connects its attendees with leading exhibitors, providing you with an opportunity to go home with some amazing products and services for your schools and systems. At the conference registration desk, you will find an entry form for the Exhibitor Giveaway. Each person who collects signatures from at least 30 exhibitors in Exhibit Hall C will be eligible to have their name entered into our Exhibitor Giveaway. Prizes will include service subscriptions, exciting technology, and more.
- To enter, you must first collect signatures from 30 exhibitors in Exhibit Hall C.
- Turn in your completed entry form to the Conference Information Booth, located in the registration area, by noon on Tuesday.
- Entries will be verified to ensure that at least 30 exhibitors have signed your form.
- The drawing will take place in Exhibit Hall C during the last 30 minutes of lunch on Tuesday.
- Limit of ONE entry per person.
- You or a designee must be present to win!