Public Review of Math Textbooks
The math textbooks that are being considered for state approval should now be available for public review at the ten district collection sites across Tennessee (view the list of collection sites and locations here).
Those interested in reviewing the textbooks should contact the director of the textbook collection site in their area. Comments on the textbooks can be submitted in paper form at the collection site or online here. All public comments received by July 15, 2014 will be shared with publishers and considered in the math state textbook review process. If submitting public comments in hard copy, the public feedback form should be sent by July 15, 2014 to Monty Wilson, Deputy Director of Content and Resources, Tennessee Department of Education, 11th Floor, Andrew Johnson Tower, Nashville, Tennessee 37243-0379.
Notice of BEP Task Force Meeting
The task force charged with studying Tennessee’s state education funding formula will meet on Wednesday, August 13 from 1-5 p.m. CDT in the William R. Snodgrass Tennessee Tower (room location TBD). This meeting is open to the public.
For more information about the task force, please see the press release announcing its formation. If you have any questions, please contact Elizabeth.Fiveash@tn.gov. For media inquiries, please contact Kelli.Gauthier@tn.gov.
TDOE Requests for Public Comment
- SIG Waiver Extension Request May 19, 2014
- Request for extension of ESEA flexibility waiver May 2, 2014
- Waiver to Extend Obligation of Funds for School Improvement June 14, 2013
- Request for Waiver from ESEA Section 1127(b) May 13, 2013
- Waiver to Extend SIG Funds February 22, 2012
- Waiver to Modify Persistently Lowest-Achieving Definition February 22, 2012
Approved LEA and Charter School Waiver Requests