Department of Human Services

Families First Online Policy Manual





Table of Contents


The client representative will present the Diversion option during the orientation interview to new clients who have a work requirement. If a client meets the Diversion criteria and chooses to receive a payment in lieu of Families First, the client rep will:


        Request that the client sign a Diversion Agreement.


        Give the client a copy of the signed agreement.


        Enter the Diversion indicator in the eligibility and case management system.


        Complete Diversion documentation information in the eligibility and case management system.


        Make an (off-line) Child Care referral, if employed.


        Issue a Diversion payment (as an auxiliary payment accessed with an EBT card).


Only Program Supervisors and client representatives are authorized to issue Diversion payments.


Table of Contents