2015 Tennessee Safety Stand Down
Monday June 8, 2015 on Construction job sites across Tennessee!
Recordkeeping Rule Update
Tennessee OSHA has partnered with AGC to have a statewide construction “Health Hazards in Construction Safety Stand Down.” Last year, nearly 20,000 employees across the state participated in the “Fall Protection Stand Down.” Please visit http://www.tnagc.org/middletn/safetyseminars for more information.
Here’s how the program will work:
1. Fill out the registration form and send it back to us so we can provide you with the following information electronically: Promo flyer and training information. We also want to be able to track the number of companies and employees impacted by the program.
2. You will need to make copies of the powerpoint training program to distribute to your supervisors/foreman that will be leading the training program in the field. (It is recommended you print the slides as handouts/two slides per page.)
3. On June 8th, at 7:00 a.m. you will “Stand Down” on all your jobsites to discuss the prevention of fall protection injuries utilizing the training information provided or another training program of choice. Note: The time and date can be altered to meet your company’s needs.
4. We would love for you to submit jobsite photos of the event to us!
5. Suggestions for making the training most effective:
a. If you are a subcontractor, try to get the GC involved so it can be a site wide program. If you are a GC, please include your subcontractors.
b. Have employees interact during the training by providing feedback on the types of activities they perform that can result in these types of injuries.
c. Contact TOSHA to have one of their trainers perform the training.
Contact Thomas Reed, Safety & Loss Control (615) 400-5208 or firstname.lastname@example.org or www.tnagc.org for registration information.