We administer the workers' compensation system and promote a better understanding of the program's benefits by informing employees and employers of their rights and responsibilities. Workers' Compenstation administers a mediation program for disputed claims, encourage workplace safety, participate in a public awareness campaign concerning fraud, and oversee an information awareness program for educating the public on laws and regulations which define workers' compensation requirements. We ensure that companies properly provide benefits and both assess and collect penalties for noncompliance from employers and insurance companies.
We administer the Second Injury Fund and manage the innovative Drug Free Workplace Program. Medical Fee Schedule information and the MIR Registry Program are also housed within the Division. Please contact us at 1-800-332-2667 (within Tennessee) or 615-532-4812. The Workers' Compensation Division has 8 area offices throughout the state.
*Effect of 2013 2% Reduction in Medicare Reimbursement Rates
Federal Medicare laws have recently changed to provide a 2% reduction in reimbursements. This temporary reduction will not be applied to the Tennessee Workers’ Compensation Medical Fee Schedule reimbursement rates.
- 2013 WORKERS’ COMPENSATION REFORM ACT IMPLEMENTATION
- A Beginner's Guide to Tennessee Workers’ Compensation
- Education Conference Presentations
- Consultation Services Report on Workers' Compensation Laws, Processes, and Costs
- Employee Misclassification Advisory Task Force
- Construction Law Web Posting (Public Chapters 1149/422)
- Employee Misclassification Law (Public Chapter 424)
- AMA Guides Notice
- Coverage Verification Services
- Medical Fee Schedule Information (updated August 2012)
- Adopted Rules