Skip to Content

Frequently Asked Questions

Question 3

How do I take action against the driving privileges of the driver/owner who contributed to the occurrence of the crash and has not reimbursed me for damages?

Answer: You should mail a copy of the investigating officer's crash report and a copy of your estimate of damages to:

Financial Responsibility Division
Tennessee Department of Safety
P.O Box 945
Nashville, TN 37202

The documents will be reviewed and determined if action will be taken against the driver/owner. Processing takes approximately 120 days from mailing. All damage claims must be filed 120 days prior to the accident being three years old.

If a follow-up to action being taken by the department is desired, then it should be requested in writing or you can call 1-866-903-7357 to speak to a safety examiner.

Back to Financial Responsibility FAQ Menu