(a) A person commits an offense who:
(1) Intentionally, knowingly or recklessly sells, loans or makes a gift of a firearm or switchblade knife to a minor;
(2) Intentionally, knowingly or recklessly sells a firearm or ammunition for a firearm to a person who is intoxicated; or
(3) Intentionally, knowingly, recklessly or with criminal negligence violates the provisions of § 39-17-1316.
(b) It is a defense to prosecution under subdivision (a)(1) that:
(1) A firearm was loaned or given to a minor for the purposes of hunting, trapping, fishing, camping, sport shooting or any other lawful sporting activity; and
(2) The person is not required to obtain a license under § 39-17-1316.
(c) For purposes of this section, “intoxicated” means substantial impairment of mental or physical capacity resulting from introduction of any substance into the body.
(d) An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.
Acts 1989, ch. 591, § 1; 1990, ch. 1029, § 3.