As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) “Commissioner” means the commissioner of health or the commissioner's designee; or in the absence of the commissioner, the deputy commissioner;
(2) “Department” means the department of health;
(3) “Forms” means the certificates that are authorized, prepared and distributed by the department to carry out this chapter;
(4) “Sexually transmitted disease” (STD) means any disease that is transmitted primarily through sexual practices and is identified in rules and regulations of the department; and
(5) “Test” means a test approved by the department to determine possible infection with STDs.
Acts 1988, ch. 695, §§ 1, 2; T.C.A. § 68-10-112.