Attestation after the First Payment Year
The information on this page is only for providers who are attesting beyond the first payment year. That is, you have already met the Adoption, Implementation, or Upgrade (to a certified EHR system) (AIU) requirements that are required for the first EHR Incentive Payment. You are now ready to proceed with meeting the Meaningful Use (MU) requirements to receive additional EHR Incentive Payments. (A provider who is attesting for the first payment year - meeting the AIU requirements - must go to the "Welcome to TennCare Medicaid EHR Incentive Program" page and follow the instructions found on that page.)
Reminder: Eligible Professionals (EPs) receive their full EHR incentive payments over a six (6) year period. With CMS approval, TennCare is making the EHR incentive payment to Eligible Hospitals (EHs) over a three (3) year period.
After the first payment year (the first payment year can be any year from 2011 - through 2016), providers must
- Complete the Attestation packet on the PIPP portal
- Continue to meet the Patient Volume (PV) requirements
- Provide proof of having and using a certified EHR system
- Attest to MU criteria
- To attest after the first payment year, you must go to the TennCare Provider Incentive Payment Program (PIPP) portal and log in. Click on "Log In" in the upper right, and then enter your User ID and password. (Note: You do NOT use the "Provider Web Registration" link on this page. You have already completed this task.)
You will need to go back to the CMS Registration & Attestation web site only if
- You have obtained access (purchased, leased, etc.) a different certified EHR system other than you attested with last year. And/or,
- You want to change Payee NPIs. For instance, you have moved from one group practice/clinic to another, or have joined or left (gone solo) a group practice/clinic, or otherwise want to redirect where your EHR incentive payment goes.
Note: When the TennCare PIPP portal went "live" in November 2011, TennCare had already made payment to numerous providers. These providers did not receive the email instructing them to establish a User Account. An "invitation" email will be sent to these providers in March 2012 with instructions on how to set up a User Account.
- Complete the attestation questions just as you did the previous year. Naturally, Patient Volume data and other data that has changed must be updated. Include documentation of your certified EHR system, and the Required Forms, just as you did previously.
- Attest to the Meaningful Use (MU) criteria. To obtain the latest, up-to-date information on MU, go to the MU Overview page.
- Eligible Hospitals (EHs) attesting in the second and third payment years are required to provide updated Patient Volume (PV) data. Acute Care and Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs) must have a minimum 10% paid Medicaid PV each year. A children's hospital does not have to meet this requirement.
- EHs attesting in the second and third payment years do not to have supply the same information that was used to determine the amount of their EHR incentive payment. The EH's incentive payment was determined in the first payment year. TennCare, with approval of CMS, breaks down the incentive payment amounts as 50% in the first year, 30% in the second year, and 20% in the third year.