Special Health Needs
- A child with special health needs may see many doctors who are specialists. These doctors are very important as they provide many types of services.
- In addition to specialists, a child with special needs should also see his/her Primary Care Provider (PCP) for a yearly checkup. Check In with your child's PCP to schedule a yearly exam.
- If your child is under 21 and has TennCare, he/she should have a free, yearly health checkup. Your child can also get other health care services through the TENNderCARE program. Together, the specialists and the PCP can treat all of your child's health care needs.
- Have your child Check Up with a PCP every year. You may also take your child to see his/her PCP if any problems come up between checkups.
- And remember to Check Back each year to schedule a TENNderCare exam with your child’s PCP. Your child should also see his/her dentist every six months for a free dental checkup.
The following links provide many helpful resources for you and your child!