STATE OF TENNESSEE
Acceptable Use Policy
Network Access Rights and Obligations
User Agreement Acknowledgement
As a user of State of Tennessee data and resources, I agree to abide by the Acceptable Use Policy Network Access Rights and Obligations and adhere to the following guidelines:
1. I will protect State confidential data, facilities and systems against unauthorized disclosure and/or use.
2. I will maintain all computer access codes in the strictest of confidence; immediately change them if I suspect their secrecy has been compromised, and will report activity that is contrary to the provisions of this agreement to my supervisor or a State-authorized Security Administrator.
3. I will be accountable for all transactions performed using my computer access codes.
4. I will not disclose any confidential information other than to persons authorized to access such information.
5. I will comply with State conflict of interest policy and not permit private or personal dealings to interfere with or compromise the use or operation of State information systems.
6. I will include in my professional goals the effective and efficient operation of systems, automated or otherwise, as well as the safeguarding of resources, tangible and intangible.
7. I acknowledge that any invention (any product develop as a result of assignment or job related duties) created while in the employment of the State becomes property of the State.
8. I agree to report to the Office for Information Resources (OIR) any suspicious network activity or security breach.
I acknowledge that I must adhere to this policy as a condition for receiving access to State of Tennessee data and resources.
I acknowledge that I have read the Computer Crimes Act and the State of Tennessee Security Policy 4.00 Access. I understand the willful violation or disregard of any of these guidelines, statute or policy may result in my loss of access and disciplinary action, up to and including termination of my employment, termination of my business relationship with the State of Tennessee, and any other appropriate legal action, including possible prosecution under the provisions of the Computer Crimes Act as cited at TCA 39-14-601 et seq.
Type or Print Name Social Security Number