What's New For 2014-2015
- New bear hunting opportunities and hunt zones.
- Increased number of dove hunting days.
- Fall turkey season closed in Wayne, Lawrence, and Giles counties, and Laurel Hill WMA.
- Antlerless deer hunting opportunities increased in Marion, Putnam, Tipton, and
Washington counties and a reduction in Blount County.
- Pen-raised quail cannot be released on WMAs with the exception of fi eld trial areas at
Percy Priest WMA and Tellico Lake WMA.
- New waterfowl quota hunts on C.M Gooch, Meeman-Shelby, and White Oak WMAs.
- New turkey quota hunts on West Tennessee WMAs. Th is includes a quota hunt on the
“Upper Obion River Complex” made up of Bean Switch, Hop-In, Maness Swamp, C.M.
Gooch, Obion River, and Th ree Rivers WMAs, as well as a quota hunt on the “Bogota
Complex” made up of Bogota and Tumbleweed WMAs, and a quota hunt on the “Ernest
Rice, Sr. Complex” made up Ernest Rice, Sr. and Th orny Cypress WMAs. Turkey quota
hunts were added to John Tully, Moss Island, and White Lake WMAs as well.
- Quail seasons closed on Bridgestone-Firestone (Big Bottom Unit), Catoosa, Chickamauga,
Cordell Hull, Cordell Hull Refuge, Headwaters, Keyes-Harrison and Wolf River WMAs.
- Chuck Swan WMA has new shooting range operation hours and new coyote hunting
- North Cumberland WMA has new deer and turkey season adjustments and the chasing
of foxes, coyotes, and bobcats with dogs is no longer permitted.
- New spring youth turkey hunt on Yuchi WMA.
- Added Headwaters WMA, located in Cannon County within Region II.
- Increased small game opportunities on Hiwassee WMA.
- Blaze orange now required for small game hunters during big game muzzleloader and
gun seasons on Foothills, Henderson Island, Kyker Bottoms, Kyles Ford, and Lick Creek
- Sandhill Crane drawing and season information will be posted on the TWRA website
and printed in the Waterfowl Hunting Guide in late September.
16. Th e Tackett Creek property (43,000 acres) has been added to the North Cumberland
WMA, so now all WMA regulations will apply to this area (see page 66).
17. Possible teal bag limit increase and additional teal only days, see TWRA website in