Consumer Education Seminar Program
Consumer Educational Seminars are tastings conducted by retail package stores off the premises of the retail package store.
- An application requesting permission to conduct an educational seminar may be submitted by the retail establishment.
- Application must provide a letter of permission from the owner of the property giving date and time where the event is being held allowing the retail package store to have this event on their property.
- Application and accompanying paperwork must be delivered to the TABC office four (4) calendar days prior to the event.
- The individuals that will be pouring the alcoholic beverages must have a server permit card issued by the TABC. Owner of retail package store must furnish the server permit card numbers when submitting the application.
- The retail package store can only have the Consumer Education Seminars in locations that have passed liquor-by-the-drink and/or retail package store referendums.
- The retail package store cannot charge at the events if the establishment where the consumer education seminar is being held does not have a Liquor-by-the-Drink license.
- Retail Package Stores can only take orders at the event and the patron will have to take the purchase order to the retail package store to obtain the bottle(s) of alcoholic beverages.
- The retail package store cannot charge for or solicit orders at the seminars if the establishment where the consumer education seminar is being held does not have a Liquor by the Drink liquor-by-the-drink license. (Moved here from Requirements section above)