Fulfillment House License
A Fulfillment House license allows any person, limited liability company, or corporation to take physical possession of a licensed winery direct shipper’s wine and deliver it to a consumer via a common carrier. In addition to taking physical possession of the wine, a Fulfillment House may handle logistics on behalf of a winery direct shipper, including warehousing, packaging, order fulfillment, or delivering to a common carrier for shipment to a consumer.
You can apply for this license using RLPS.
- Fulfillment house licensees must provide all locations where it takes physical possession of wine for shipment into or within the state; consent to jurisdiction and venue of all actions to be in Tennessee; and an acknowledgment that it will only contract with common carriers that agree that the delivery of wine will be by face-to-face delivery, that deliveries will only be made to individuals at least twenty-one (21) years of age, and that the recipient must sign upon receipt of the wine.
- Fulfillment house licensees shall ensure that all containers of wine shipped directly to an individual in this state are labeled with the conspicuous words “SIGNATURE OF PERSON AGE 21 OR OLDER REQUIRED FOR DELIVERY” and the name, address, and license number of the licensee.
- A fulfillment house licensee may only provide services related to shipment of wine produced by and belonging to a winery direct shipper licensee into or within this state.
- A fulfillment house license authorizes the licensee to only ship wine into or within this state for winery direct shippers.
- Licensees must maintain records of the name, address, and license number of the winery direct shipper, the name of the common carrier, the date of each shipment, the carrier tracking number, the quantity and product of wine shipped, and the name and address of the recipient for three (3) years. These records must be submitted quarterly to the commission.
- A fulfillment house licensee shall not ship wine into or within this state from, or on behalf of: unlicensed direct shippers, a Tennessee retailer, an out-of-state retailer, or a person or entity that is not a licensed winery direct shipper.
- No winery, farm winery, wholesaler, non-resident seller, or common carrier may be issued a fulfillment house license.