Skip to Main Content

Tennesseans 16+: Now Eligible for a COVID-19 Vaccine
Click here for instructions on filing notices for catered events.

Armed Forces Import Permit

This permit allows any individual who has been stationed outside the United States while serving as an active member of the armed forces of the United States, or an active member of a reserve or Tennessee National Guard unit to ship any wine they acquired while living outside the United States into the State of Tennessee.

You can apply for this permit using RLPS.


  • The individual must pay the appropriate taxes on the wine, spirits, beer and/or liquor.
  • You must be an active member of the United States armed forces stationed outside the United States, or an active member of a reserve or Tennessee National Guard unit.


  • This is a one-time permit.
  • The wine, spirits, beer or liquor shipped to this state under this license cannot be resold.