Armed Forces Import Permit
The Armed Forces Import permit allows any individual to ship wine they acquired while living outside the United States into the State of Tennessee, if the shipment occurs while the service member is stationed outside the United States serving as an active member of the armed forces of the United States, an active member of a reserve or Tennessee National Guard unit.
Applicants can apply for this permit using RLPS.
- The individual must pay the appropriate taxes on the wine, spirits, beer and/or liquor.
- The individual must be an active member of the United States armed forces stationed outside the United States, or an active member of a reserve or Tennessee National Guard unit.
- This is a single-use permit.
- Any alcoholic beverages shipped using this permit cannot be resold.
- Pursuant to the Fresh Start Act, no person holding a TABC permit may have been convicted of a crime which directly relates to the business of alcoholic beverage sales.