Agricultural fairs are a tradition in Tennessee. The Tennessee Department of Agriculture was formed in 1854 to promote agriculture through fairs and expositions. Nearly three million people visit fairs in our state each year.
The Tennessee Department of Agriculture proudly continues to support fairs, large and small, statewide.
By the Numbers
- Nearly 3 million people visited county, regional, and state fairs in Tennessee in 2019
- More than 22,000 volunteers
- More than 212,000 agricultural exhibits
- More than 76,000 entries in competitions and exhibitions
- $13.5 million generated in gross receipts
For More Information:
Lynne Williams, Fairs Administrator
Tennessee Department of Agriculture
P.O. Box 40627, Nashville, TN 37204
615-837-5081 or firstname.lastname@example.org