HIV/AIDS Early Intervention Services
While more people today are living with HIV, many are still unaware of their infection and are at risk of transmitting the disease to others. Through early intervention, by getting tested, individuals can help reduce the rate of infections. Early intervention services are available to individuals in alcohol and drug abuse treatment and recovery programs to help prevent people from transmitting HIV or being infected.
- Short term counseling for individuals and families
- Educational activities to groups
- Oral Rapid HIV testing to individuals, including pre- and post-test counseling
- Referrals to social and medical services
- Ongoing training activities to increase the knowledge of HIV and AIDS for professional staff at each alcohol and drug abuse treatment service provider and recovery support provider as well as public upon request
For more information, contact: