Public Records Requests
The Board of Parole (BOP) seeks to make public records available as promptly as possible.
Request for copies of records must be made in writing, and fees may apply. Inspection of records shall take place at the BOP Central Office in downtown Nashville and appointments are required.
Proof of Tennessee citizenship is required to access state BOP public records. Either a valid Tennessee driver’s license or alternate form of identification is accepted.
To file a public records request with the Tennessee Board of Parole, follow these steps.
1. Download, review and complete BOP’s request form.
2. Once complete, return the form and proof of TN citizenship to BOP in one of three ways.
- Via Email: Please email your completed public records request form, as an attachment to BOP.Webmail@tn.gov. This is fastest and most efficient way to submit a public record request.
- Via Mail: You may submit your form, via mail. Please address the form to Public Records Request Coordinator, Tennessee Board of Parole, 500 James Robertson Parkway, Davy Crockett Tower, Fourth Floor, Nashville, TN 37243-0850
- In Person: You may submit your form, in person, at BOP Central Office, 500 James Robertson Parkway, Davy Crockett Tower, Fourth Floor, Nashville, TN 37243-0850
The Board has seven (7) business days to respond to a request or advise when the records can be reasonably made available.
To inquire on the status of an existing records request, please email BOP.Webmail@tn.gov and include the name of the offender and his/her TDOC#.