Scams, Schemes & Swindles
The Scams, Schemes & Swindles page serves as a central location for scam information with links to fraud and scam webpages of other State of Tennessee departments and agencies.
Please see below to learn about common types of scams and click here to see a list of all our Consumer Alerts.
The Federal Trade Commission developed a series of fotonovelas in Spanish based on complaints they received from Spanish-speaking consumers throughout the nation. These fotonovelas offer practical tips to help detect and stop common scams. To order free copies of these materials from the FTC for your community, click here.
State Department and Agency Scam and Fraud Information Websites
- Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance, Insurance Division
- Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance, Securities Division
- Tennessee Attorney General’s Office
- Tennessee Commission on Aging and Disability
- Tennessee Department of Health
- Tennessee Department of Financial Institutions
- Better Business Bureau Scam Tracker