Consumer Related LawsBoard for Licensing Contractors
- Roofing Services Requirements [Eff. July 1, 2012]
- Roofing Services/Public Adjuster Insurance License [Eff. June, 2007]
- Lien Protection from Unlicensed Contractors (see also TCA 62-6-128)
- Theft and Fraud Prosecution (Public Chapter 1055)
- Theft and Fraud Law Amendments
- Unlicensed Contractors - Limited to payment (T.C.A. 62-6-103)
- State Residential Building Code Program (Eff. 10/1)
- Contractor is Required to Obtain Permit [pdf]
- Lead Based Paint Removal - Important Requirements to Ensure Safety of Health!
Notice: Contractors taking money without performing work may be prosecuted by law enforcement as theft pursuant T.C.A. 39-14-105 (see "Theft and Fraud" law). Unlicensed contractors are prohibited by law from filing a lien against a residence (see T.C.A. 62-6-128; and pursuant T.C.A. 66-11-150. Unlicensed contractors may only be paid for documented expenses and not the contract price, in the court pursuant T.C.A. 62-6-103.
Unless otherwise indicated, files are Adobe Reader® Files [pdf], 6.0 or higher. You may need to DOWNLOAD a free copy of Adobe Reader® be able to view these files.