Forms and DownloadsBoard of Cosmetology and Barber Examiners
- Cosmetology Renewal Form
- Cosmetology Shop Renewal Form
- Cosmetology Reciprocity Application - (view Reciprocity Instructions [pdf])
NOTICE TO TEXAS APPLICANTS: The Board of Cosmetology (the “Board”) at its February 3, 2014 meeting voted to temporarily suspend processing of reciprocal license applications from Texas. This suspension was lifted on March 2, 2015 but as a result of several Texas schools having disciplinary issues, the Tennessee Board now requires Texas applicants to also provide transcript certification of their education with the full application.
Separately, some States do not require both theory and practical exams therefore they may be required to take them for a Tennessee reciprocal license. For more information about testing in Tennessee, review the Board’s Candidate Information Bulletin found on PSI’s website at the following link: https://candidate.psiexams.com/index.jsp. Each candidate information bulletin provides pertinent information to help prepare for Tennessee Board of Cosmetology examinations, scoring information, testing locations and an abundance of other useful tools for testing applicants.
- Barber Renewal
- Barber Reciprocity - (View Reciprocity Instructions [pdf])
- Application for Master Barber With Military Experience [pdf]
- Application to Test [pdf]
- Eligibility Verification for Entitlements Act [pdf]
- License Certification Request Form [pdf]
- Barber Student Hours Certification Request Form [pdf]
- Request for Duplicate License [pdf]
- Barber Examiners Request for Name Change
- Licensed applicant request for crossover testing [pdf]
Please contact us directly for more information:
State Board of Cosmetology and Barber Examiners
500 James Robertson Pkwy
Nashville, TN 37243
Toll Free: 800-480-9285
Some files are Adobe Reader® Files [pdf], 6.0 or higher. You may need to DOWNLOAD a free copy of Adobe Reader® for to view these files.