How to Get a LicenseHome Inspector Licensing Program
Applicant must submit an application and $300 initial license fee along with proof that the applicant:
- Is at least eighteen (18) years of age
- Has graduated from high school or earned a general education development (GED) certificate
- Has successfully completed ninety (90) hours of a commissioner-approved training program on home inspections and the preparation of home inspection reports
- Has passed the state-selected National Home Inspector Examination (NHIE)
- Has General Liability insurance - must include minimum of $500,000 policy coverage, valid policy number (TBA not accepted), effective coverage dates.
- Has Errors and Omissions (E&O) insurance. There are no minimum limits specified in the statute; you may set your own policy limits. Must include valid policy number (TBA not accepted) and effective coverage dates. Also be sure that the insurance provider notes the TN Home Inspector Licensing Program 500 James Robertson Parkway Nashville, TN 37243 as the Certificate Holder.