News and InformationTennessee Professional Soil Scientists Licensing Program
Notification Options Are Now Available!
You can now get notifications from your licensing board or commission related to the following:
New or Amended Statutes - New or Updated Rules
Changes to Fees - Rulemaking Hearings related to Fees
Significant Changes Impacting Your License - Changes to Policies
- Read the 2014 Legislative Update Report for the Soil Scientist Licensing Program here.
- Notice of Rulemaking Hearing – Professional Soil Scientists Licensing Program – October 29, 2013
- IF YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS NEEDS TO BE UPDATED, PLEASE CALL THIS OFFICE.
- Online Renewal Now Available! Click here to renew online.
- The next CSSE exam(s) are scheduled for Friday, April 17, 2015. Exam registration will be January 12 - March 6, 2015. Please contact Michele Lovejoy at 608-268-4947 firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. The exams are given at UT-Knoxville and UT-Martin.
- The initial application for licensure as a Soil Scientist in Tennessee is now available on this website under the Forms and Downloads link.
- Per Rule 0780-05-06-.04(c), in addition to meeting our education and experience requirements, applicants must also pass the fundamentals AND professional practice soil science examinations administered by the Council of Soil Science Examiners (CSSE).
THE NEW SOIL SCIENTISTS RULES BECAME EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 23, 2014. TO VIEW THE NEW RULES, CLICK ON THE RULES LINK UNDER "RULES AND LAWS".
- Per Rule 0780-05-06-.11, a license seeking regular biennial renewal shall, as a prerequisite for renewal, show that he or she has completed no less than twelve (12) hours of continuing education during the two (2) year renewal period immediately preceding renewal. One (1) of the twelve (12) continuing education hours each licensee obtains for renewal shall be in ethics.
- Each licensee shall, when making application for renewal, submit on the prescribed form a signed statement setting forth the number of continuing education hours that he or she has completed during the reporting period. Licensees shall retain documentation evidencing their continuing education hours for at least five (5) years subsequent to the date of submission. The continuing reporting form is now available on this website
- The required continuing education must be submitted by your renewal date. Both the renewal fee and 12 hours of continuing education requirements have to be met before your license will be renewed.