CF234-00 Understanding Fire Behavior for Inspectors (4)
This course familiarizes the student with the principles and knowledge necessary to understand the conditions needed for a fire to ignite and grow, which will better enable the Inspector to recognize and mitigate fire hazards during the inspection process.
- $40.00 (For members of a governmental agency with responsibilities for inspections)
- Please contact TFACA for non-member and/or group pricing.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- Jones & Bartlett Fire Inspector-Principals and Practices Chapter 4
- Describe the ignition phase, growth phase, fully developed phase, and decay phase of a fire.
- Describe the characteristics of a room-and-contents fire through each of the four phases of a fire.
- Describe how building construction elements may affect fire growth.
- Describe how to obtain the flame spread and smoke development ratings for the contents of an occupancy.
- Describe how interior finishes affect fire growth.
- Describe how furnishings may affect fire growth