CR203-02 '12 Residential Building Inspector (20)
This course provides an understanding of simple residential construction, primarily wood frame construction. Topics include foundation walls, structural components, means of egress and fire separation requirements. Two and a half hours of homework will be assigned throughout the course to help reinforce new concepts that are introduced in class.
- $172.00 (For members of a governmental agency with responsibilities for inspection)
- Please contact TFACA for non-member and/or group pricing.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- 2012 International Residential Code
2012 International Residential Code
- To develop an understanding of construction materials, terminology and methods of installation as related to residential building construction.
- To develop and understanding of residential building code requirements and use of the International Residential Building Code.
- To develop the knowledge to practically apply residential building code requirements to typical examples of common residential building elements.