FF251 Fire Department Incident Safety Officer
The Fire Department Incident Safety Officer program is designed for members within a fire department or emergency service organization who perform the functions of an incident safety officer or who serve as an assistant to the incident safety officer. This course will teach students how to monitor the various types of incidents including Fire, EMS, Technical Rescue, and Hazardous Materials scenes, and report to the IC the status of conditions, hazards, and risks present. This course will also cover accident investigation and review procedures as well as how to develop and participate in a post-incident analysis.
- $171 per student on campus
- $2,500 flat rate off campus
Fire Officer I
Fire Officer I Certification will be needed prior to commission testing
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- Jones & Bartlett, Fire Department Incident Safety Officer, Third Edition Advantage Access (Mandatory for each student) ISBN 978-1284216554
- Students will be able to discuss the history of the fire department safety officer.
- Students will be able to describe the relationship between empirical and image factors and the need for an incident safety officer.
- Students will be able to cite current trends in firefighter injuries and fatalities.
Click here to see a schedule of available courses.