FF179 Basic Vehicle Extrication
This course covers the complete cycle of vehicle rescue operations. Topics include utilization of equipment, personal safety, response, assessment hazard control, support operations, access and disentanglement, and special vehicles. Extensive hands-on practical exercises are utilized to allow students to perform in simulated environments. This course meets selective objectives of NFPA 1001.
- $97 per student on campus
- $1,250 flat rate off campus
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- NFPA Compliant PPE
- NFPA Compliant SCBA
- Student will be able to describe a vehicles anatomy.
- Student will be able to list the hazards to look for when arriving on the scene of vehicle extrication.
- Student will be able to describe the processes for stabilizing a vehicle.
- Student will be able to describe extrication tools used for stabilizing, bending, cutting, and disassembling.
- Student will be able to describe how to disentangle a victim of a motor vehicle collision.
Click here to see a schedule of available courses.