Retail Food Store Wine License
A retail food store wine license allows licensees such as grocery stores and convenience stores to sell wine for off-premise consumption. Completed applications must be received in RLPS at least two (2) weeks prior to the next Commission Meeting in order to be considered for placement on the next Commission Agenda.
You can apply for this license using RLPS.
- Certificate of Good Moral Character, zoning and approved sales of wine by local option election, from the store's local jurisdiction
- Deed/Lease, Site plan(if not in lease)
- Sales & Use tax Certificate from the Department of Revenue
- Certificate of Existence from the Secretary of State Website and Corporate charter/articles of organization
- Certificate of Occupancy
- Declaration of Citizenship for all individuals of a corporate applicant.
- Application and Addendum to Application For License To Sell Alcoholic Beverages at Retail Food Store
- Federal Alcohol Dealer Registration Form (TTB F 5630.5d).
- Complete a contact form for all individuals having at least 10% ownership interest in the business and from the executive officers of a corporate applicant. (AB009)
- Affidavits regarding amount of sales taxable sales of the applicant and amount of retail floor space of the applicant
- Copies of applicant’s sales tax returns filed with the Tennessee Department of Revenue for the last complete business year
- List of officers/owners/members/partners
- List of TABC permitted designated manager or managers
- Must be part of Responsible Vendor Program.
- A copy of any management or franchise agreement, if applicable.
- Any other information that the Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission may request.
- Non-refundable application fee of $400.00 due upon submission.
- License fee is $1250.00 due upon issuance.