|Livestock/Acreage Minimum Requirements||Certifications||Lifetime Limit|
|Cattle - 30 Head
Goats/Sheep - 50 Head
Hay - 100 Acres in Production
|BQA – Beef and Dairy
Permit - Dairy
|$5,000 Maximum Reimbursement|
|Standard 35% Cost Share / Max $2 per sq. ft. | Master 50% Cost Share / Max $3 per sq. ft.|
|Head of livestock = maximum number of single type, regardless of sex or age, at one time during the last 12 months.|
1. New structures and additions to existing structures
• New structures must be a min. of 900 sq. ft. - loft or 2nd level will not be considered in total sq. ft. of structure
• Min. eave height - 14 ft. high clearance for new structures and additions
• Use of structure must be for hay storage only
• At least one side/end must be completely open
2. Roof - metal, shingles, or a polymer coated fabric (e.g., Cover- All, Clear Span, Super Structure, etc.)
3. Sides/walls (optional) - at least one side/end must be completely open
4. Labor - labor provided by applicant is not eligible.
Reimbursement Maximums per Square Foot
Approvals will be allocated for the maximum amount of $5,000. Reimbursements will be based on finished project up to maximum per square foot. Examples of how to calculate reimbursement amount will be included in reimbursement packet.
1. 35% Cost Share - Standard Producer / $2.00/sq. ft. max. reimbursement / Total reimbursement not to exceed $5,000
2. 50% Cost Share - Master Producer / $3.00/sq. ft. max. reimbursement / Total reimbursement not to exceed $5,000
1. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that their project is eligible and meets all TAEP criteria.
2. Hay storage structures must conform to the minimum requirements and guidelines of TAEP.
3. Site must be well-drained.
|Email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.|