|Livestock Minimum Requirements||Certifications||Lifetime Limit|
|Cattle - 100 Head
Goats/Sheep - 150 Head
Swine - 1,000 Head
|BQA - Beef and Dairy
PQA Plus – Swine
|$7,000 Maximum Reimbursement|
|Standard 35% Cost Share | Master 50% Cost Share|
|50% Cost Share Eligible Master Courses for Livestock Solutions|
|Head of livestock = maximum number of single type, regardless of sex or age, at one time during the last 12 months.
Goats/Sheep can be combined to meet minimum head requirement.
Swine = commercial growers only
New Only — Items 1 - 12
New items cannot be previously owned.
Items purchased at an auction are considered used.
1. Bunker/silage pit or pad — must have concrete floor
2. Commodity shed — new structures and additions to existing structures used for storage of bulk raw commodities, including whole grains and co-products used in a mixing process to produce feed; see Commodity Shed Example below for minimum specifications and examples
3. Feed bin — minimum 9 tons with optional auger and concrete pad
4. Feed lot scraper
5. Fence-line concrete bunk feeding system – setup must include new J-style bunk feeders, cable/railing, and concrete pad; see p.33 for example; not eligible – covers, fences, geotextile, gravel, roads, site prep
6. Fence-line hay feeding system – setup must include a minimum of 3 feeder panels, 1 gate (optional), 4 post (6 in x 6 in.) and concrete feeding pad; see p.34 for example; not eligible – covers, fences, geotextile, gravel, hay rings, site prep
7. Manure spreader — minimum capacity 140 bushels; not eligible — litter spreader
8. Mobile working system — must be a mobile self-contained trailer unit; must include head gate, alley, and crowding/holding area
9. Self-unloading feed wagon
10. Multiple animal scale – load bars/platform, indicator, and optional concrete pad; not eligible – single animal scale
11. Silage bagger — machinery used for the bagging or debagging of silage
12. Unloading forage feeder wagon
New or Used — Items 13 - 16
13. Bale processor/windrow bale feeder
14. Hay wrapper — machinery used for the wrapping of hay for use as haylage
15. Mixer wagon and grinder/mixer — equipment directly used to mix and/or grind hay, grain, and other supplements for feed
16. No-till pasture drill — minimum 10 ft. working width
Swine Only Items: Swine producers can purchase items 3, 15, 17
17. Generator for swine barn
Used equipment must meet ALL of the following criteria:
• Excellent working condition
• Minimal rust
• Less than 10 years old
• Reasonable market price
Tennessee Department of Agriculture may verify used equipment prior to payment.
|Email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.|