CC204-00 Wildfire Safe, Sound and Code Smart Workshop (10)
The International Code Council (ICC), the National Association of Resource Conservation and Development Councils (NARC&DC), and in cooperation with the Department of Homeland Security (FEMA) and the Department of Commerce, NIST Have partnered in this unique public safety effort assisting in protecting communities from wildfire.
- Please contact TFACA for non-member and/or group pricing.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- ’12 International Wildland Urban Interface Code (IWUIC) (Optional)
- Understand National/State/Local Wildland Urban Interface (WUI) issues
- Identify key stakeholders in this effort
- Understand the history of 30 years of WUI program initiatives
- Understand the IWUIC
- Understand the effectiveness of Community Wildfire Protection Plans
- Develop an action plan for implementing the IWUIC
- Be able to identify a “wildland urban interface”