DO110 - Rural Pump Operator
Operating as the supply pumper in the rural environment is one of the most challenging tasks a pump operator may be assigned. This course is designed to teach students field proven techniques to overcome the various challenges commonly encountered in the rural setting, while simultaneously maximizing the supply pumper’s capabilities. Topics covered include the principles behind drafting, alternative drafting methods that don’t require the use of primers, multiple intake drafting operations, multiple dump tank operations, TurboDraft operations, and efficient dump and fill site tactics. By the conclusion of this course, the student shall be capable of overcoming the various challenges the rural environment may present.
- $51 per student on campus
- $750 flat rate off campus
Introduction to Fire Department Pumpers
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- NFPA Compliant Structural Firefighting Clothing
- The student shall demonstrate alternative drafting methods.
- The student shall increase their drafting capability utilizing multiple intakes simultaneously.
- The student shall demonstrate the traditional use of a water appliance.