FA107 Aerial Driver Operator - Week 2
This course is the second in a two-part series designed to provide the student with hands-on practical training in the operation of fire service aerial apparatus. The course builds on the knowledge gained in Driver/Operator Aerial Week 1. The student will conduct practical training in preventative maintenance, positioning and driving the apparatus. The course meets the NFPA 1002: Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator Professional Qualifications, Chapter 4. At the end of the two weeks, eligible students may take the Tennessee Commission on Firefighting Personnel and Standard Education certification exam for Driver/Operator Aerial.
- $133 per student on campus
- $2,000 flat rate off campus
Aerial Driver Operator Week 1
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Eligible to test for TN Commission Driver/Operator Aerial
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- NFPA Compliant Structural Firefighting Clothing
- IFSTA Pumping and Aerial Apparatus Driver/Operator 3rd Edition textbook only
- Students will be able to identify victim removal priorities for aerial devices.
- Students will be able to show proficiency operating an articulating aerial device under adverse conditions.
- Students will be able to show proficiency operating a telescoping aerial device under adverse conditions.
- Students will be able to show proficiency using aerial device for rescue from various advantage points.