This course trains participants who are preparing to take the ICC Fire Plans Examiner certification exam. Students will focus primarily on the 2012 IBC, 2012 IFC, and two of the relevant standards referenced by the IFC: 2010 NFPA 13 for commercial sprinkler system requirements and 2010 NFPA 72 for fire alarm system requirements. Training will include anticipated exam topics based on the percentages of content listed in the ICC Exam Bulletin, as well as helpful advice on how to effectively approach certification examinations. Extensive class time will also be spent training students how to read plans. Students will be taught the basic organization and contents of a typical plan, the types of scales involved in plan review, how to navigate plans, basic elements which make up all drawings, and drawing principles which can be applied to all plans.
- Please contact TFACA for non-member and/or group pricing.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- 2012 International Fire Code
- 2012 International Building Code
- 2010 NFPA 13
- 2010 NFPA 72
- Become familiar with the format and content of IFC, IBC, NFPA 13, and NFPA 72.
- Gain a basic, working proficiency and confidence in plans review.