FF118 - Instructional Technique for Company Officers
This course is designed to provide to the fire officer the ability to present company-training programs utilizing the four-step method of preparation, presentation, applications and testing, utilizing a prepared topic. Major topics covered during the course include: adults as learners, setting training objectives, using lesson plans, identifying resources, setting up classrooms, lectures, demonstrations, learning by doing, use of senses in retaining material, and designing and using checklists. Additional topics include supervision of skills practice, coaching guiding evaluating and testing.
- $51.00 (For members of a recognized Fire Department)
- Please contact TFACA for non-member and group pricing.
Must be 18 years of age.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- Jones & Bartlett Fire Service Instructor Principles & Practices
- Students shall define the roles and responsibilities of the Fire Service Instructor.
- Students will identify relationships between training and firefighter safety.
- Students shall demonstrate how to promote and teach safety by example.