FO196 - Fire Officer 1-2 Combined Week 1
This is the first course in a four-part series designed to instruct the student in the area of Fire Officer 1 and 2. Key areas of the course include the four step management process, preparing for promotion, fire officer communication, safety and risk management, and understanding people.
- Please contact TFACA for pricing information.
Firefighter I and II, Fire Instructor I, ICS 100, 200, and 700 must be obtained before Commission testing.
Must be 18 years of age.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- Flash Drive
- Laptop (Recommended)
- Jones & Bartlett Fire Officer Principles and Practice 3rd Edition
- Students will be able to describe the roles and responsibilities of the Fire Officer I and Fire Officer II as outlined in NFPA 1021.
- Students will be able to identify the elements of a promotional examination.
- Students will be able to describe how to maintain workplace diversity.
- Students will understand principles of supervision and basic human resource management.
- Students will be able to describe safety policies and procedures and basic workplace safety.
- Students will be able to discuss the communication cycle.