FO197 - Fire Officer 1-2 Combined Week 2
This is the second course in a four-part series designed to instruct the student in the area of Fire Officer 1 and 2. Key areas of the course include leading the fire company; training and coaching; evaluation and discipline; organized labor and the fire officer; working in the community; and handling problems, conflicts and mistakes.
- Please contact TFACA for pricing information.
Firefighter I and II, Fire Instructor I, ICS 100, 200, and 700 must be obtained before Commission testing. Fire Officer 1&2 Combined Week 1
Must be 18 years of age.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- Flash Drive
- Laptop (Recommended)
- Jones & Bartlett Fire Officer Principles and Practice 3rd Edition
- Students will be able to describe leadership styles.
- Students will be able to describe the concept of progressive discipline.
- Students will be able to explain what accreditation means for fire fighter certification programs.
- Students will be able to understand the diminished benefits of fire fighter strikes.
- Students will be able to describe developing a local public education program.
- Students will be able to describe how to deal with citizen complaints.