Citizens' Correctional Academy
We are currently not accepting applications. The deadline to apply has expired.
The Tennessee Department of Correction Citizens' Correctional Academy is a six week seminar designed to provide local citizens with an in-depth look at corrections and our efforts to enhance public safety. The academy allows Tennesseans the opportunity to learn about TDOC functions and programming from executive leadership, tour two facilities, and visit a community supervision field office to gain a better understanding of the agency and the work of its more than 6,000 dedicated employees by taking a “behind the wall” look at corrections in Tennessee.
A total of five (5) classes will be held one night per week from 6:00 p.m. til 9:00 p.m. every Tuesday in the Nashville area. A graduation ceremony will be held from 6:00 p.m. til 8:00 p.m.
Who can attend?
- TDOC Citizens' Correctional Academy is open to all Tennessee residents.
- TDOC employees and their family members are eligible.
What are the requirements?
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- No criminal history other than minor traffic violations
- Must be able to attend all six (6) sessions
- Must not currently have a family member or loved one incarcerated in TDOC custody or on community supervision
- Must complete, sign, and return all required forms, waivers, and agreements
What are the dates for the academy?
- Dates are currently not available.
Where will the academy be held?
Sessions will be held at various TDOC locations (prisons and offices) in the Nashville area. Information about the locations will be provided by email to those approved to attend.