TSOTB Vision & Statute
A comprehensive approach to adult and juvenile sex offender management in Tennessee which enhances professional standards and collaboration for stakeholders that results in enhanced public safety.
The mission is to reduce the likelihood of sexually-based offenses.
- Development of treatment standards
- Development of treatment provider standards
- Establishment and maintenance of a statewide provider network
- Provide access to treatment for indigent offenders
- Provide continuing education
- Promote effective collaboration among stakeholders
Reference T.C.A. 39-13-701 through 39-13-709
In 1995, the Tennessee General Assembly created the Sex Offender Treatment Board for the evaluation, identification, treatment, and continued monitoring of sex offenders who are subject to the supervision of the criminal justice system.