Hospitality & Tourism
The Hospitality and Tourism career cluster prepares learners for careers in the management, marketing and operations of restaurants and other food services, lodging, attractions, recreation events and travel-related services. Hospitality operations are located in communities throughout the world.
Travel and tourism is one of the largest and fastest-growing industries in the world. Each year, travel and tourism employers around the world pay more than $1.6 trillion in wages and salaries and create 12.5 million new jobs. Beginning salaries depend on the employee's skills, education and job level at a hotel, restaurant, tourism office, recreation facility, amusement park or attraction site. Salaries range from entry-level wages to six figures. This industry is known for promoting from within and for its large number of young managers.
Programs of Study
- ACT Resources for Human Services, Education, and Hospitality
- Data Session: Concentrators, ACT, and Postsecondary for Hospitality & Tourism
- Hospitality & Tourism Equipment List
- Hospitality & Tourism Program of Study Justifications
- Hospitality & Tourism Resource List
- Industry Certifications
- Program of Study Marketing Materials