School Improvement Grants
The School Improvement Grant program, authorized under section 1003(g) of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, allocates funds to states to enable the awarding of grants to school districts for the purpose of providing assistance to schools identified for improvement, corrective action, or restructuring under section 1116 to meet accountability requirements.
In awarding these grants to districts, the state must give priority to those districts that have schools that are determined to be “persistently lowest achieving,” that demonstrate the greatest need for funding and the strongest commitment to ensuring that funds are to provide adequate resources to substantially raise student achievement.
Equitable services to private school students and teachers do not apply to the Title I, Part A-School Improvement Funds.
Tennessee SIG Schools Implementing Turnaround and Transformation Models in 2010-11 (Excel):
- Advanced Coursework, Dual Enrollment and Teacher Attendance - 2009-10 & 2010-11 (9/8/11)
- AYP Status - 2011-12 (9/8/11)
- Baseline Data Analysis 2009-10 (4/7/11)
- Math & RLA Results - 2009-10 & 2010-11 (9/8/11)
- TELL TN Teaching & Learning Survey Results (9/1/11)